French Bulldog Names: 200 Pawsome Naming Ideas
French Bulldogs are a small dog breed. They are not as small as a Chihuahua but are significantly smaller than English or American Bulldogs. They have large bat-like ears and a stocky built.
Despite their small stature, French Bulldogs have an extremely large fan following. They are a low-maintenance dog breed which makes them very popular among city dwellers as well as famous celebs. Reese Witherspoon, Madonna, and Hugh Jackman are some high-profile celebs who own this popular dog breed.
We have come up with some fantastic French Bulldog names for your help. If you too are a proud French Bulldog owner, you may choose one of the suggested names below.
100 Of The Best French Bulldog Names
French Bulldogs are among the most popular dog breeds in the world. They are friendly and affectionate with extremely playful personalities. The name of your dog should justify its cute looks and playful temperament.
Here are 100 of the best names:
20 Of The Best Female French Bulldog Names
Your female French Bulldog deserves a name that is cute and special at the same time. Your adorable little girl should have a name that is sweet and cute, just like her.
Here are 20 of the best female names and their meanings:
- Amy: Beloved
- Astrid: Divine beauty
- Belinda: The pretty one
- Brie: A French delicacy
- Carole: A strong woman
- Cashmere: A very special and soft wool
- Celine: Heavenly
- Cookie: A sweet pastry
- Diana: Divine
- Dior: Golden
- Edith: Prosperous in war
- Fleur: Flower
- Julia: Youthful
- Leila: Night
- Milani: Soft and gentle to touch
- Onyx: A semi-precious stone
- Pixie: A small fairy
- Raina: Queen
- Silver: A precious metal
- Tracy: Warrior
We hope the above French Bulldog girl names match the temperament and style of your charming little girl.
20 Of The Best Male French Bulldog Names
Thinking of the best name for your rambunctious little boy? The best male names are playful, yet powerful at the same time.
Here are some of the best boy names and their meanings:
- Adam: First man created by God
- Arthur: A medieval King
- Aurelius: The golden one
- Cognac: French brandy
- Cyril: Proud
- Darius: Interesting
- Eric: Eternal ruler
- Felix: Happy
- Irving: Friend of the sea
- Lamis: Soft to touch
- Leon: Lion
- Lucas: Bright and shining
- Magnus: Greatest
- Oswin: Friend of God
- Rigel: The seventh brightest star
- Royale: Regal
- Scorpio: A zodiac sign
- Tiger: A ferocious wild animal
- Titan: The largest moon of the planet Saturn
- Wyatt: Vintage
20 Cute Names For French Bulldogs
That cute, squished-up face; those perky large ears, and those soulful eyes definitely deserve a super cute name. There is absolutely no doubt that your French Bulldog is an immensely cute canine.
Here are 20 of the cutest names that we feel will suit your little puppy:
- Jelly Bean
20 Badass Names For French Bulldogs
Just because a French Bulldog is small does not mean it cannot have a badass name. Whether you have a male French Bulldog or a female one, a badass name can be great for both.
Here are some of the best badass names for your French Bulldog:
20 Funny Names For French Bulldogs
You could give a hilarious spin to some of the most popular names to make them funny. You can get as creative as you want to make the name humorous.
A funny name not just elicits some hearty laughs but also shows off your funny bones, and your dog’s.
Here are some suggestions for finding the perfect name for your goofy, fun-loving pup:
- Bark Twain
- Captain Sniffer
- Deputy Dawg
- Doc McDoggins
- Droolius Caesar
- Hairy Pawter
- Jimmy Chew
- Mary Puppins
- Pee Wee
- Prince of Barkness
- Santa Paws
- Sherlock Bones
- Winnie the Poodle
The biggest struggle that all dog lovers face when they bring a new pup home is to find a suitable name. There are numerous discussions between friends and family members in finding the best name for your pup. Sometimes these discussions lead to arguments too. You think Max is too common while Mark is too human. You wish to call him Lord Fluffermort but it is an uncomfortably long name for a dog.
So, what should you do?
Here are some suggestions for choosing the right name for your French Bulldog, or for that matter, any other dog.
- Choose an easy name. It could be funny, cute, badass, or unique; just make sure that it is easy. It should be easy for your dog to understand and easy for you to call out. A difficult name will create a lot of problems while training your dog.
- The name you choose should not sound similar to commands like Sit, Stay. These are commands that you will frequently be using while dog training. A similar-sounding name could easily confuse your dog, which can lead to a lot of headaches. Imagine naming your dog Bo and your dog confusing it with “No”. You may be calling out to your dog, but all he understands is “No”. Spare yourself these struggles and avoid names that sound like commands you would use.
- Long names may sound great, but they can be incredibly inconvenient to call out. You will anyways end up shortening the name. Saying “Puppucino” over and over may get tiring. Use a shorter name when initially naming your pup. Once your pup is well-trained, you can try and keep a longer name.
- Don’t pick a name for your dog that has a negative meaning or is a swear word. Remember, you may need to call out your dog in public someday. Calling out to your dog with a “bad” name can get you a lot of angry stares in public.
- If you have more than one pet, don’t pick similar-sounding names. That may confuse your new dog or your other pets. Say you have two dogs. You name one Spot and the other Scott. Imagine how incredibly confused your dogs would be. Spare them the confusion and keep names that are quite different from one another. How about Bernie and Bluebell?
- All of us use nicknames for our loved ones. And, we do the same with our dogs too. Bernard could easily become Bern or Bernie or Mr. B. If you do keep a long name for your dog, test out a few nicknames. Your dog will not just get used to its original name but also to its nicknames, which will often be much easier to use.
- The best names for French Bulldogs or any other dog is the one that matches their personality. Of course, naming them by their looks works too. If you have a hard time choosing a name for a dog, look at their personality. Does your dog like to run around? How about naming him Bolt, after Usain Bolt? If your dog is the leader of its pack, how about a name like King or Alexander?
- Don’t keep changing the name of your dog because that is only going to make it super confused. You should try and have a name for your dog within the first couple of months of bringing it home. And once you name your dog, try and stick to it. It can be very tough for dogs to adjust to new names all the time.
Congratulations On The New Addition To Your Family!
It does not matter what you name your French Bulldog, it is still going to get you years of joy. What matters, in the end, is the love you give each other and the memories that you build together.
Leave a comment