You've named your cat and now you need to name your cat's brother. Cat names for brothers can be tricky because there's a lot of them!
But don't worry we're here to help! In this blog post, we will give our best ideas for naming cats after siblings.
There are some traditional choices like "Bear," or "Buddy," and then there are some more unique names like "Izzie," or "Pete."
Whatever you choose, just make sure it fits the personality of both your cat and your cat's brother!
Best Cat Names For Brothers
Whether you have a set of twins or a whole litter of boy kittens, Pet Pattern has plenty of names for brother cats. The following list has a name for every cat imaginable!
Sometimes they are rowdy, and sometimes they are loving. Either way, you can find a name representing who your boy cats are!
The following real cat names are perfect for brothers:
- Fred, Philip
- Oliver, Lucas
- Hans, Frans
- Dexter, Bob
- Jack, Hank
- Tyler, Oscar
- Chris, David
- Charlie, Matthew
- Carter, Brad
- Greg, Martin
- Brad, Jesse
- Bob, Mike
- Bruce, Baxter
- Kyle, John
- Matt, Max
The following creative cat names are perfect for brothers:
- Tom Cat, Jerry Mouse - from Tom and Jerry
- Doc, Marty - from Back to the Future
- Puss, Boots - from Puss and Boots
- Ben, Jerry - from Ben and Jerry’s
- Shrek, Donkey - from Shrek
- Herbert, Ross - from Steel Magnolias
- Sandwich, Pickle
- Romeo, William - from Shakespeare
- Batman, Robin - from Batman and Robin
- Mario, Luigi - from Mario
- Bud, Light
- Salt, Pepper
- Furry, Murry
- Sylvester, Tweety - from the Looney Tunes
- Woody, Buzz - from A Toy’s Story
- Chief, Wilber
- Timone, Pumba - from The Lion King
- Mark, Jacob - from Mark Jacobs
- Colby, Jack
- Sawyer, Huckleberry - from Huckleberry Finn
- Dill, Pickle
- Ron, Harry - from Harry Potter
- Scooby, Shaggy - from Scooby-Doo
- Naruto, Sasuke - from Naruto
- Bugs, Daffy - from the Looney Tunes
- Joe, Nick, Kevin - from the Jonas Brothers
- Han, Chewy - from Star Wars
- Garfield, Jon - from Garfield
- Rick, Morty - from Rick and Morty
- Milo, Otis - from the Adventure’s of Milo and Otis
- Smokey, Bandit - from Smokey and the Bandit
- Sonic, Tails, Knuckles - from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Cosmo, Thistle
- Rascal, Tuff
- Spongebob, Patrick - from Spongebob Squarepants
- Riff, Raff
Best Cat Names For Sisters
A matching name exists for every cat duo, no matter their personality. Whether you are looking for cutesy names like Gumdrop and Sprinkles or a more political approach like Malia and Sasha, you can find a name that suits every cat’s personality.
There are more real names, and then there are creative names. The real names are cat names that are similar to a human’s. These names are perfect for the cat whose soul is authentically human-like.
Creative names are unique. They have less of a human-like personality and more independence than a cat. Your cats’ wildness, energy, and personality will shine through while naming them, and it will show in a creative name like Ambrose or Aster.
The creative naming process may take longer than others because you must explore your pet’s personality before fully understanding it.
The following real cat names are perfect for sisters:
- Anna, Hanna
- Lucy, Linda
- Anna, Elise
- Imogen, Ivy
- Aster, Dawn
- Louise, Annabelle
- Kelly, Carly
- Rose, Violet
- Claudia, Claire
- Bailey, Kailey
- Julie, Julia
- Bella, Luna
- Pam, Marlene
- Sarah, Caroline
- Beth, Ruth
- Emily, Elaine
- Milo, Miley
- Penelope, Petunia
- Carry, Sally
- Alice, Annie
- Milly, Molly
- Penny, Patty
- Belle, Buttercup
The following creative cat names are perfect for sisters:
- Malia, Sasha - the Obama sisters
- Muffin, Cupcake
- Strawberry, Banana
- Blossom, Buttercup, Bubbles - from the Powerpuff Girls
- Ana, Elsa -from Frozen
- Cutie, Pie
- Summer, Rain
- Mary-Kate, Ashley - the Olson twins
- Sun, Star, Milky Way, Moon
- Flower, Daisy
- Lucky, Clover
- Chocolate, Vanilla
- Caramel, Fudge, Sprinkles
- Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kendall, Kylie - the Kardashian and Jenner sisters
- Cheese, Crackers
- Jess, CeCe - from New Girl
- Cupcake, Sprinkles
- Queenie, Princess
- Honey, Bee
- Quirky, Giggles
Best Cat Names For Brothers And Sisters
Naming your male and female cats something matching can form a unique bond that lasts a lifetime.
In addition to finding names you enjoy, choose a set of names that fits their personalities.
The following real cat names are perfect for brothers and sisters:
- Phil, Jennifer
- Mark, Maria
- Chelsea, Pierre
- Jesse, Jenny
- Michael, Lisa
- Fiona, Rick
- Rick, Kara
- Winston, Wendy
The following creative cat names are perfect for brothers and sisters:
- Toto, Dorothy - from Wizard of OZ
- Eggs, Bacon
- Harley, Jack - from Batman
- Simba, Nala
- Charlie, Angel - from Charlie’s Angels
- Orangey, Tiffany - from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Marie, Toulouse, Berlioz - from the Aristocats
- Fish, Chips
- Garfield, Jon, Liz
- Max, Emma
- Tina, Turner
- Hi, Jinx
- Miss Kitty, Mr. Kitty
- Luke, Leia - from Star Wars
- Piggy, Kermit
- Salt, Pepper
- Lilo, Stitch - from Lilo and Stitch
- Mario, Peach
- Prince, Princess
- Ken, Barbie - from Barbie
- Salem, Sabrina - from Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
- Lemon, Lime
- Felix, Felicette
- Hermano, Hermana - brother and sister
- Phil, Lil - from Rugrats
Cat Name Inspiration
It does not need to be difficult to choose a name for your cats! Just find inspiration, and it will come naturally.
Inspire yourself by thinking about the things that inspire you, surrounding yourself with things you enjoy, and spending time with your new kittens.
- Felicette the Astrocat
- Towser “the Mouser”
- Socks Clinton
- Tabby and Dixie (Lincoln’s cats)
- Cream Puff
- Tom Cat
- The Cheshire Cat
- The Pink Panther
- Puss and Boots
Help Choosing the Right Name
Choosing the right names for your new feline family members is important, and it mostly relies on the inspiration you have. Turning to friends and family is a great idea when you feel stuck. It can help to hear ideas from other people.
Sharing ideas and conversation might lead you toward the inspiration you need to name your new kittens their best names! If you spend time with your family or friends, let them meet your new kittens. It allows them to get to know their personalities and see who they are beyond a photograph or video.
If you are having trouble finding a source of inspiration even after asking for help, try bringing yourself to a place you enjoy. The spark of joy might be what is needed to inspire you to help choose the right name for your new cats.
If you become overwhelmed, consider taking a moment to relax. Do not overthink the naming process, or you will stress yourself out.
It is okay to take a break and come back again later. It is better to acquaint yourself with your new kittens or cats so you do not risk a desire to rename them later on.
The best way to find names for kittens is to take a look at your inspiration. If you feel stuck, ask friends and family members what they think of the options available.
It can also help if you bring yourself somewhere that makes you happy so that it will inspire some good name choices!
Lastly, do not overthink this process or else you might be tempted to rename your cats later on.